The Cardiac Arrhythmia Network of Canada (CANet) is the gateway to arrhythmia research and development in Canada. One point of contact links pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government, and not-for-profit organizations to world-leading Canadian arrhythmia researchers and resources. Our vision is to generate new innovations in arrhythmia treatment and technologies that transform care, focus on the individual needs of patients, and allow them to take control of their care. We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our growing team of professionals.
Reporting to the Managing Director/COO, the Solutions Architect is responsible for the technical development and implementation of VIRTUES, a streamlined and innovative digital health clinical technology. As the Solutions Architect, you are responsible for working with CANet’s numerous partners in ensuring that VIRTUES is properly designed to meet the evolving patient and clinical needs as well as the operational requirements of a digital health technology. The Solutions Architect will have a broad knowledge base providing thought leadership in the areas of digital health technology development, product development, health data standards (including privacy and security) and data analysis.
· Participate in the project life cycle to implement required information technology, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective leading to the implementation of innovative medical technology.
· Promote, reuse and apply existing solutions in new ways and help evolve components, patterns and templates.
· Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of operational processes, data applications, user interfaces and infrastructure
· Analyze security requirements for CANet systems/networks and oversee and monitor routine security administration
· Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
· Provide technical advice on the design of security features of VIRTUES
· Research and monitor technology development and industry trends for their applicability, functionality and reliability for the Network. Make recommendations that will enhance Network developed medical innovations.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
· 2+ years managing a team of 3+ developers/engineers
· Cloud certifications from a leading vendor (AWS, Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare)
· Security+/CISSP/Certified Information Security Manager and/or other security-related certifications
Knowledge and skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, follow-up, and accuracy coupled with good analytical and critical thinking skills as well as solid business acumen
· Results driven with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
· Exceptional analytic and creative problem-solving abilities
· Hands-on experience with Linux RedHat
· Strong experience with higher-level programming languages like Java, Scala, and Python
· Experience with Open Source big data technologies like Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
· System Integration knowledge
· SQL/BI experience (for Cognos Analytics)
· Agile Development knowledge useful
· Knowledge of cluster and parallel processing optimization techniques a plus
· Experience in SQL, C++, and Linux (RedHat) in a clustered environment a plus
· Experience in advanced analytics, statistical modeling (SPSS, R, SAS), and mathematics a plus
· Experience designing, developing, delivering and maintaining reporting and analytics applications, preferably Cognos Analytics
· Experience with data modeling (creating underlying data models for reporting layer)
· Exposure to clinical work environments, with a broad understanding of health informatics
· Experience with complex dynamic reports, dashboards and scorecards using various data sources
· Demonstrated aptitude for building trusted relationships, and a reputation for sound judgment and pragmatism, with internal clients and stakeholders;
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Managing Director at email@example.com