The Cardiac Arrhythmia Network of Canada (CANet) is the gateway to arrhythmia research and development in Canada. One point of contact links pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government and not-for-profit organizations to world-leading Canadian arrhythmia researchers and resources. Our vision is to generate new innovations in arrhythmia treatment and technologies that transform care, focus on the individual needs of patients, and allow them to take control of their care. We are one of 14 Networks in the Networks of Centres of Excellence, Canada’s flagship science and technology program. We are looking for an Accounting and Contracts Manager to join our growing team of professionals.
Reporting to the Managing Director/COO, the Accounting and Contracts Manager is responsible for the overall administrative, financial and reporting systems for the Network. The Accounting and Contracts Manager is a key member of the Management team and is responsible for providing accurate information to the Scientific Director/CEO, Managing Director/COO, Board of Directors, stakeholders and funders. The Accounting and Contracts Manager works in close partnership with the Managing Director to provide input on all major strategic and operational decisions for the organization.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of accounting/finance experience is required
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management/Administration
- CPA Professional Designation (Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant) preferred
- Strong accounting, audit, financial management and financial analysis skills. Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understanding of non-profit accounting and not for profit law
- Experience with Federal and Provincial funding mechanisms is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, follow-up, and accuracy coupled with good analytical and critical thinking skills as well as solid business acumen
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in developing and overseeing organization-wide administrative systems, reporting, and related decision support processes
- Strong service orientation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The posting will remain open until filled.