The Cardiac Arrhythmia Network of Canada (CANet) is the gateway to arrhythmia research and development in Canada. One point of contact links pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government and not-a‐for‐profit organizations to world-leading Canadian arrhythmia researchers and resources. Our vision is to generate innovations in arrhythmia treatment and technologies that transform care, focus on the individual needs of patients, and allow them to take control of their care. We are one of 14 Networks in the Networks of Centres of Excellence, Canada’s flagship science and technology program. We are looking for a Project Manager, Planning & Development to join our growing team of professionals.
Reporting to the Managing Director/COO, the Project Manager, Planning & Development is a key member of the team serving as the strategic link between all areas of the network, including the planning and development of special projects throughout the organization. This position also contributes to the development and implementation of CANet organizational strategies, policies and administration.
1. Assist CANet senior leadership with the execution of CANet programs and activities.
2. Create and improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals and in compliance with all Federal and Provincial requirements.
3. Ensure effective coordination of activities and communication of critical information between all functional areas of CANet.
4. Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of all Network reporting including, research, finance and corporate.
5. Liaise with Network Investigators, trainees, institutional representatives, Board members and outside stakeholders.
6. Plan and develop high impact special events, regional meetings, conferences, and symposiums.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years in a project leadership role, preferably in business, research or managing complex projects
• Established excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and collaborative problem-solving skills, attentive to quality production.
• Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
• Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills in addressing multiple tasks and timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to use business acumen and organizational awareness to make decisions and assess implications of decisions and actions.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and execute special events around a strategic goal or objective.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated competency, efficiently operating as a member of a high-functioning team with minimum direction.
Please note that this is an 18-month contract position with the possibility of extension pending the availability of grant funding.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Managing Director at email@example.com